Sunday, May 4, 2014

Topsy and Ned Compare Sketches (inked)




Sorry for the lateness in new posts! I've been at work inking versions of the Pre-Raphernalia cartoons from my sketchbook drawings (they're all from my sketchbooks) in between other assorted projects. (See my other blog The Watcher Tree.) So my blogs have gotten a little behind as a result...

As I've said in earlier posts, I've been working on gathering the newly inked and lettered versions of the cartoons together for a book. It's not as fast a process as I'd like it to be, but I'm chugging away at it. I will keep you updated here with the latest. (If you want to see my own eccentric inking process, I talk about it here.)

Topsy and Ned Compare Sketches is probably the very first Pre-Raphernalia cartoon I ever drew in my sketchbook, just for fun and not expecting anyone would ever see it. The original post about it is here (where you can see the original sketchbook drawings), along with a quick history of these two wonderful artists.

And introducing Christina the Wombat, who makes appearances mostly on Wombat Friday.

 

 Christina the Art Director Wombat inspects
 the lettering process of Pre-Raphernalia.
"Seriously? You still use an Ames lettering guide?
 How... archaic."
                           
                         More on Wombat Friday and the Wombat Invasion in a future post!



No comments:

Post a Comment